When we met for coffee to see if we had a fit, Melissa posed this: “we’ve both traveled the world but we’ve never packed a suitcase together.” We both grinned. What a metaphor for getting ready for marriage.
Today, they are embarking on a different kind of trip.
Today, two people who have had fulfilling lives as individuals are making a conscious decision to share the rest of their lives with someone else….a deliberate choice to give up a little of themselves to start on an amazing journey as a twosome.”
One of the most amazing parts of our co-creation was to consider that thought…if you are packing your first suitcase as a couple, what symbolic things would you include?
As the bag was opened up, their family and friends, watched spellbound as they included among their items:
- Photos of Family: We never want to forget our families
- Work Gloves: Because we know that great relationships take a lot of work
- Two Watches clasped together: Because time together is precious
- Fancy Panties: To remind us that intimacy is good
- A Single Wallet: We will work together for our financial success
- Love Notes: Reminders (we sneak these into suitcases and our bed).
The couple wrote their vows together, a perfect combination of profound and downright quirky…but fully them.
When the wedding was over, we wished them “Bon Voyage” and handed them their boarding passes into married life.
It was a blast. And a true honour.
Well, my photo editing platform is not doing justice to the amazing colours in the originals so generously provided by Neil at Vivid Photography. But you may want to check out their site to see just how talented they really are.